Friday, September 19, 2008

More Pics of Luc's Shaving Gala

Okay, I told you all my phone camera leaves just a little bit to be desired. The following pictures were taken by a friend of Rita's and Marley's who is like a total professional. Don't you judge me.

On a side note... Try counting the number of pictures showing Luc laughing at his friends while they are having their heads shaved!


This is the very beginning of the gala. As you can plainly see, Seth isn't quite sure that he wants to go first. It's like he's thinking, "My friends had better follow through with this. Does somebody else want to go first?" Can't you hear Karen Carpenter in the background singing to Seth, "We've Only Just Begun..."



Again in this picture you can feel Seth's anxiety about losing all his hair.



Poor Seth! Look at him. He swears he did NOT feel like he looks in the pictures!

Luc Laughs #1



Okay, now it looks like Seth is feeling a little better about the whole thing. He might be alright after all. I bet Seth's mom, Angela, is so glad she had those family pictures taken last month! (Check out Braydon's "Friar Tuck")

Luc Laughs #2



Now we're getting somewhere!

Luc Laughs #3



"Please, someone, anyone, tell me I look okay! I've never been bald before! I was born with hair!"

Luc Laughs #4



Lyndee's contribution



Head Shaving: Dedicated to Lucas Orton



Braydon has so much hair! Poor guy! His hair was all over the place! Plus it's thick, coarse, and curly!



I love this picture of Reece!



Another good one of Reece! His cousins in Vegas are loving showing these to all Reece's Vegas friends!

Luc Laughs #5



Luc Laughs #6



There goes Arthur's hair!



Arthur is so ticklish! He could hardly stand it!



Redge is such a great sport!



David's hair is thick and curly like Braydon's! I think they needed to use machetes on those two!



David is so manly, he can totally pull off pink!



I love this picture because it's a great rear shot of the Friar Tuck Cut! Plus, there's my nephew, Caleb, the one in the camo shorts.



Check out Zach! He was so brave! He has a sensitive head, and he was just dying!



Now here's some dedication! Steve Scherer is a counselor/teacher at Rockwell, and he was totally excited to support Luc!



Luc was the very last one to have his head shaved. Here he is with his mom, Marley. Luc's staring at all his friends with their naked heads, and doesn't it totally look like he's thinking, "Man, my friends are UGLY!"



Check out my husband's bald head!



The final line up: Redge, Reece, Arthur, Braydon, Seth, David, Luc, Zach, and Steve! Way to go guys! You all look fabulous! New haircuts just in time for school pictures which are scheduled to be taken October 3rd! Does anybody know when they're doing retakes????

2 comments:

Jamie Poort said...

Lyndee!!! You are so cute! Thanks for all of your messages on our blog! I am glad that you found us! Your family is beautiful! When did you move to Saratoga Springs??? My brother and his family just moved there last week. Maybe they are in your ward? Jason and Lindsey Brown? We should exchange info so that you guys can hang out. You are so fun! It looks like you guys are loving life! Talk to you soon!
Jamie

Michelle said...

THAT is awesome.