Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Luc Orton's Shaving Gala

Lucas Orton is one of Reece's friends. He's such a good human. Sadly, tumors have grown in his left shoulder. Luc has been fighting cancer for several years, and just recently began an aggressive chemo treatment. Luc did not love the idea of losing his hair again so we decided to make it a major event. Several of Luc's friends, a teacher, siblings, and even Redge decided to shave their heads with Luc. Today was the Shaving Gala! It was awesome. I forgot my camera, and as much as I love my phone, the camera part of it is not sensational! At any rate, I've posted a few pics here, and when I receive more I'll post them, too. Under each picture I will give a little tiny caption describing the situation.

To start things off we all had Luc's initials shaved in our hair. Yes, I can say "we" because my head is like the third picture down from the top.


Here is Arthur's first turn at being shaved. Arthur is good friends with Zach, Luc's little brother, and the little boys were not about to be left out of the fun!



Redge did not even hesitate to sit in the chair!



I'm so not kidding! I totally have Luc's initials shaved into my head! I did not go with the bald look. I'm no Sinead. However, I do have to say I'm totally enjoying the new cut! I love not having hair hanging on the back of my neck! This is like a built in air conditioner! I don't know that I'm ever going to grow it back! And to think I was growing it out to get the Farrah cut! Not now, no way!!!
















Here's Luc, and yes that's a "Y." Guess what color Luc bleeds?








Reece could hardly wait for his turn in the chair! I totally wanted Marley, Luc's mom, to leave Reece's hair like this for a few days. Sadly, the board president from Reece's high school was at the gala, and decided it was "too extreme." But, at least we have the picture! (Hey, Dex, can you believe your cousin is actually smiling while his hair looks so nasty???)




Check out Braydon! Man, it's not even fair! He's still cute even with a Friar Tuck cut!




Who knew Seth Bell could totally pull off a mohawk! Just wait until you see him bald! His to die for blue eyes are HUGE!!!



Redge said I have to post this picture so that whenever Quincy is having a bad day he can just pull up our blog, have a good laugh, and then get back to work. Isn't my husband so great for going along with this???




It took forever to get Arthur totally shaved! The ladies kept having to stop because he's so ticklish!



But, now look at him! He's so cute all bald! He loves it!


What a great day! It was totally fun! I'm afraid we completely wore out Luc! It was so fun to see them all there! David, Braydon, Reece, Arthur, Zach, Redge, Mr. Scherer, and Seth Bell are all such great sports to go along with Luc in this adventure. Paden, Seth Hudson, and many others were there to lend moral support, and we all appreciate them, too! I wonder if Luc is now thinking, "You know, I had to shave my head, but I'm not so sure I want to hang out with a whole bunch of bald dudes!" Luc, we love you! Thanks so much for including us!

4 comments:

Anna B said...

Love all the cuts but the Friar Tuck gets my #1 vote. Glad you had a great day thinking about someone else. Love ya.

susan said...

You are all so good at supporting others thru hard times. I need to see more pictures of the end result.

CANCER SUCKS!!!

Marley said...

No one could have better friends than we do! We love you Hudsons!! Tell Susan she can see more pictures on Luc's site: www.lucorton.com

Love,

~Marley

Lisa Mc said...

I love the shaved heads!!! All your boys look great with Bald heads!!! Its a good thing they don't have funky looking heads! We miss you, I have little Mae in class this year. I love her, she makes me laugh!! Just like her Auntie! You are the one person that makes me laugh when ever I talk with you. I hope all is well with you! I think of you often and what a great person you are. I can never thank you and Redge for all you support over the last 6 years. When I think of those days 6 years ago one of my favorite was Redge sleeping in those hard plastic orange chairs at 3:00 a.m. now that is true friendship!!! I appreciate that my daughter has always had you to talk with!! She know you will ALWAYS be her friend unconditionally. What a great example you have been to your children,it looks like Reece has followed in his mothers footsteps! I love you Lyndee!!