Sunday, July 20, 2008

Baby Ryder


My good friend, Holly Wattles, just became a Grandma! Holly has the cutest family ever! I trained Holly and her daughter, Ashley, when I was in Vegas. I also tutored another of Holly's daughters, Courtney. Holly has 3 other children: Nick, Megan, and Carlie. I miss them all very much, but luckily they will all be moving to Provo very soon! At any rate, Ashley and her husband, Brad, have just welcomed their first baby to their home! I received the following email and picture yesterday...

He was 5 1/2 weeks early. He weighed 5lbs 2oz. He's 18" long. He has black hair. He's PERFECT IN EVERY WAY! He could have stayed in the oven a little longer but he's doing great. They will probably keep him about a week. His lungs need to finish developing and he needs to start eating. But he's on track for his age. Mom and dad are doing great also! As for me... This gramma thing is AMAZING!!!!! Ashley was in Arizona for a baby shower Brads' family was giving her. I was supposed to fly down at 10:00 this morning from Utah. I got a call around 4:30am (AZ time) from Brad that they were at the hospital. I headed down there as soon as I could about 2 1/2 hours later. They called me just as we were getting up in the air to say he was born at 6:33am (I believe). What an exciting day! He's such a little miracle! Love, Gramma Holly

1 comment:

The White Clan said...

Oh so tiny! I did the whole pre-term delivery last time and hope to never do it again. I really like the scheduling thing so much better. And plus McKay was only 3 weeks early, and it was my own fault. I have definatly learned my lesson for the next time.