Monday, June 16, 2008

Another Week Without Reece

Reece left today for a week at Scout Camp. I miss him already. I regress when he's not here. He keeps me on my toes. He's such a good example in our home. Last night Redge stopped by the home of one of his counselor's to discuss some final details regarding the boys. Redge thanked Brother Harley for attending Scout Camp, and Brother Harley responded, "No, thank you. Your son makes my job a lot easier! Reece is aces! He's a positive influence on the other boys, and when he's around the dynamic instantly changes."

Several years ago Naomi cross stitched for our mom the scripture found in 3 John 1:4, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." What a profound statement! I testify that this true! As it is with every single parent reading this right now, I find such happiness, gratitude, and relief when other adults say things like Kevin Harley did last night. You all know what I'm talking about. We've all had many opportunities to hear praises sung regarding our own children.

However, I do need to comment that I am the first to realize the imperfections in my children. Reece left without cleaning his bathroom, and now I'm stuck doing it for him! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! I hate cleaning boys' bathrooms! YIKES!

No comments: