Friday, June 6, 2008

Gardening Tips by Lyndee

So, you're probably getting the impression I spend a lot of time in the garden. I do. As much time as I can justify. I'm pretty new at the vegetable end of gardening, and I am learning so much! This week I learned 3 valuable lessons:

1~ Farmers wear boots, not flip-flops, for several reasons. These reasons include: boots keep rocks from hurting feet; boots don't get stuck in mud, pulled off feet by mud, swallowed by mud~ never to be seen again; boots keep dirt out~ this is good be because wet garden dirt in flip-flops doesn't feel like wet beach sand; boots protect toes.

2~ 35 watermelon plants require A LOT of garden space.

3~ 75 pumpkin plants require more garden space than 35 watermelon plants.

2 comments:

Olayan/DeGrey said...

Thanks for clarifying the boot thing. When I come to take a visit at your garden I will make sure to wear my boots :)

susan said...

oh no! I remember the last time your toe wasn't protected!!! "Don't talk about it!"