Sunday, March 30, 2008

Brynn

I have this great friend, Brynn. She's in our ward. She moved here about a year ago with her parents, brother, and sister. She is deaf, but I didn't know for months! I saw her hearing aid, but she communicates so I well I thought for sure she was just "hard of hearing." Nope, she's deaf. Without her hearing aid she hears nothing. She tries (and succeeds) reading lips, and she speaks really well. I sign for her during Sunday School and Relief Society because it is still difficult for her to hear, and it's hard for her to read lips from a distance. At any rate, my signing has gotten so much better because I get to sign for her on Sundays. I think she helps me a lot more than I help her. She is amazing. She spoke in Sacrament Meeting today, and my kids were absolutely mesmerized! She closed with signing, "I Know that My Redeemer Lives," and I got from her that she does~ she really, truly does know that our Redeemer lives!

3 comments:

The Pili Aiga said...

That's so awesome Lyndee. Isn't awesome how service works in our lives. At first we do it to help others and we're the ones that end up growing. You have always been very good at reaching out to others and being a good friend. I admire that.
Beck

Anna B said...

That was a very nice post St. Lyndee. Thanks for sharing. When are we going to do lunch?

Debbie Freeman said...

I have always wanted to learn to sign. How neat that you get to use your talent and in such an awesome setting. I love when the spirit speaks so clearly and how sweet that it wasn't verbal, but in silent tones. Thanks for sharing!