Sunday, April 19, 2009

Intreat Me Not to Leave Thee

As many of you know, I have one older sister, Naomi. Naomi has been forever referred to as "Gnomey." All of my kids, as well as the children of my siblings, refer to her as "Gnomey." I can't imagine calling her anything other than "Gnomey."

I don't know if any of you have seen the new Gospel Art Books recently put out by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and if you haven't- you really need to check it out! They're great! I bought one for each of us- you know for Sacrament Meeting, Family Home Evening, and what not. Today, Redge and I took them to church for the kids, and Taite was looking through hers before Sacrament Meeting even began. After a couple of minutes Taite tugged on my sleeve, and said, "Momma, look! It's the picture of Ruth and Gnomey!" I thought it was really sweet that she assumed Old Testament Naomi also went by the nickname "Gnomey".


Then, I overheard her tell Arthur the story of "Ruth and Gnomey", and she concluded by saying, "Isn't it so great that Aunt Gnomey has that name because she's just like that! Whenever we go to her house she always makes us feel like we are her people!" (This, of course, is true- if you've ever read any of my posts regarding Gnomey's hostessing abilities!)

But- then it made me think... if Taite hears "Naomi" and thinks of someone who is loving and accepting, what does she think when she hears the name, "Lyndee"? I'm not sure I'm ready to ask her.

3 comments:

supermanns said...

Taite I feel the same about gnomey and Lyndee when my kids hear your name they think how cool Redge is Ethan still thinks he is the best for taking him sledding swimming all int he same day!! Thanks for bringing the coolest bro in law intot he family!! and Gentry hears your name she is glad its just your name!! ha ha and kate thinks of oreos when she hears lyndee

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thanks for sharing this information. I have some information to share about real estate project Pareena New Launch, Sector 68, Gurgaon. To Get information like Price List, Location map, construction update, Floor Plans, photos, Specifications on Favista.com.Pareena New Launch

Anonymous said...

hey...amazing write-up...this post is a informative thanks for sharing. I have also avail information about the best new project Great post.. I'm glad i came across your blog..I have also avail information about the best new project
I'll subscribe to this blog.