Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Hudson Zoo

As many, many, many of you are well aware; I live in a zoo. This is something of which I am COMPLETELY aware, yet I don't do much to change it. I'm trying to decide whether or not I should. Seriously, it's got me in a complete quandary. Do I allow my kids to tape stuff all over the place because they live here, or do I need to maintain more of a museum atmosphere? Really. Can someone, anyone offer me some input here? I don't know where to go with this. So, please help me out here.


















I think I've come to my conclusion. As long as it is not seen from the front door, and does not contradict the teachings of the gospel, or the virtues & values of our home, the kids may TAPE whatever they please anywhere they please. There is to be NO stapeling, pinning, or nailing outside their own bedrooms. No painting without the permission of a PARENT, a parent that lives in this house. I've decided that I will live give or take 85 years, and this period of zoo-ness lasts maybe five years. I can handle five years. I'm happy to take five years.

Oh, and Redge decided we're not really a zoo. We're more the grocery store parking lot, travelling carnival. Yep. I think he nailed it.

4 comments:

susan said...

Perfect conclusion.

supermanns said...

Thanks for the free admission into the carnival we really enjoyed the rides!!!!

Sherrie said...

I love your pictures of your Zoo!!!! It won't last forever and soon you will want the zoo back again!!!!! Miss you guys!!!!! I always looked forward to coming to your home each month for Visiting teaching!!

Sherrie said...

I love your pictures of your Zoo!!!! It won't last forever and soon you will want the zoo back again!!!!! Miss you guys!!!!! I always looked forward to coming to your home each month for Visiting teaching!!