Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Callings

Are we allowed to hate our callings? I'm serious. I don't want to be released. I think I'll learn many great things serving where I am, but am I supposed to love it? Or, can I just look at it like changing diapers? I love being a mom. I really, really do, but I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to never have to change another dirty diaper! There was a seven month period of time when we had 3, yes THREE kids in diapers. Let me say that again. For 7 months Redge and I had THREE children in diapers. I felt like I was changing diapers all day, and poor Reece felt like he was running to the garbage can every 5 seconds. I hate changing dirty diapers. I really hate it. But, it doesn't change the fact that I love being a mom. So, I'm thinking this kind of relates to my calling. I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but as for my calling... well, I'm thinking I'm looking forward to changing my grandkids' diapers more than I am to attend tonight's enrichment board meeting. And, yes, you guessed it. In writing this post right now I am 100% procrastinating.

No comments: