Friday, November 21, 2008

Question #1

I have decided there are two great questions. That's all. Just two. And, if we can answer these two questions all our troubles will be far behind.

So... Question #1 (Don't be confused, this is just one question. It has 2 parts. Don't bother arguing that I should have posed 3 great questions. Part 1 of Question 1 doesn't matter if we don't answer Part 2. And Part 2 can't really stand on it's own if we don't know the goal. Plus, this is my blog so I don't have to do what you say.)

What do we really want from this life, and are we doing what it takes to achieve it?

For me, the answer is, "To be worthy and prepared to meet my Savior when the time arrives, but I don't know if I'm doing what it takes."

It's like this. I say that my family comes first. Well, that's easy to say, but am I doing what it takes to have my family be what it should? For instance, my family comes first, and we have a huge pile of dirty laundry on my bedroom floor. I should be doing that laundry. But, I'm also trying to spend time meditating so I can be a good mom and have the necessary knowledge to teach my kids what they need to know. I also have scriptures that need studying, callings needing attending, house that needs cleaning, children needing attention, etc., etc., etc.

So, I've posed the question. Now what? So what? Give in? Give up? Throw up? I don't know. I just don't know.

No comments: