Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Got Your Towel?

I'm currently reading "The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy." After about 10 pages I realized that the book is obviously fiction, and not just because it is labeled as "Sci-fi." As with most sci-fi books, this book uses the English phonetic system for all words. It uses only the English alphabet. It doesn't use letters or characters from any other language. English is like the only language that has multiple sounds for some letters, and this book does just that. Do you really think aliens would choose English as their official language?

At any rate... I mentioned this to my nephew, Josh, via Facebook. I wrote to him because his brain, although highly more intense than mine, works somewhat like mine. The proof of this is in his answer. "That's because they're our intergalactic next neighbors, and they've been stealing our cable."

Well done, J-Man.

2 comments:

susan said...

This is way too complicated for my mind to understand!

susan said...

I do like the title though- I'll tell you why later.