Sunday, June 1, 2008

T8 is GR8!

I love my girl, Taite! She is so much fun! I love listening to her while she plays house. I love watching her play with her friends. She is a party waiting to happen.
I love listening to her read. I love watching her ride her bike.
My favorite thing about her is her ability to make and keep friends. Friday was the last day of school. I was invited to attend an awards' ceremony in Taite's classroom. Each student was given an award specific to his/her abilities and/or personality. Taite received the "Friendship Award." Mrs. Varner, Taite's teacher, told us that whenever she asks anyone, "Who's your best friend?" the answer is always, "Taite!" She continued telling us, "Taite is always chosen first to be a partner, the popcorn reader, or errand companion." I love this about her~ just as every mom loves the attributes of their own children.
I love watching Taite dance. I love watching her enjoy it. I love watching her get excited as she learns and masters new steps and techniques. Yesterday was Taite's Spring Dance Recital. She received the "Dancer of the Year Award." Neither of us had any idea it was coming! Her brothers were obviously very surprised! They know she dances. Of course they know. She dances all through the house, in front of the TV screen, on the way to answer the phone and/or door, etc. However, the guys didn't get that she really puts her little heart into it.
I love watching Taite with her brothers. I love watching her brothers with her.
When Taite is sick, scared, or hurt at school she always asks, "Can I just go find Reece or Seth?" That usually does the trick for her.
I love watching Taite with Christy and Mae, her cousins. Christy is Naomi's only daughter. Mae is Quincy's only daughter. They like to play, "Sisters." They are the only sisters they have. They talk about someday having sisters-in-law, but for now they are each others' sisters.
I'm so blessed to have my Taite. She makes me happy!

3 comments:

Lisa Mc said...

I love Disneyland!!! What great memories! I wish you would come visit. Emily is up there. Call her!

The White Clan said...

She looks just like you!!!!

The Pili Aiga said...

Sounds like she has her mother's personality!?! :) I really love the picture of her listening to her grandpa. You can picture exactly how he's talking and she's just engrossed in the moment. Nice shot....she's precious.