Friday, May 30, 2008

Century

Jeff was here recently here. He came to visit with Mike Dickinson, Linda Taylor's husband. Redge, Jeff, and Mike went to Tooele to compete in the Ghost Town Riders' 2008 Century Bike Race. (A century bike race is 100 miles.) Jeff is an avid bike rider, and rides almost daily. Redge also rides several times a week. Redge was a bit anxious about the race because it was his first century. He didn't need to be nervous. He and Jeff both finished! Their total distance was 103 miles! I'm so proud of them! They were both wiped when they got back to our house, but not too exhausted to be excited about realizing what they had accomplished! I'm so proud of them! Plus, it was so great for me to see my husband accomplish this, and have a great time doing it with my brother. Redge said, "I don't think I could have done it, or had as much fun if I had attempted it with anyone besides Jeff."

1 comment:

The Pili Aiga said...

Okay, that is something to be proud of. I don't think I can do ten miles...in fact I know I can't. Good job Redge.