Sunday, March 9, 2008

Game for Jess

THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

1~ There is nothing in the whole world I love more than hanging out with Redge and our kids! My favorite is when we read together!

2~ I love to read! Especially the scriptures, but I also really enjoy reading and rereading the classics, old and new. I love reading the classics to my kids.

3~ More than reading I love to study. Again, especially the scriptures, but I want to learn and understand everything! Brigham Young said, "Should our lives be extended to 1,000 years, still we may live and learn." I do everything I can to take advantage of the time I have to really learn. My greatest sin, beyond my lack of charity, is my selfish attitude (which I suppose shows my lack of charity) regarding my study time. One Saturday Redge found me studying, and said, "It's been almost 5 hours. Can we have you now?" My feelings are best desicribed in the song, "Strangers Like Me," from Disney's Tarzan, (that sounded a bit "Mary Catherine Gallagher.)
Show me everything, tell me how
I can see there's so much to learn
It's all so close, and yet so far
Oh- I just know there's something out there
I wanna know, can you show me
I wanna know
Tell me more, please show me
Some other world far beyond this place
Beyond the trees, above the clouds
I see before me a new horizon
I wanna know, can you show me
Please tell me more, please show me
I wanna know

4~ I love chiffon! You know, the fabric mom's used to use to make baby blankets. I had a green chiffon blanket (I actually still have it, but gave up sleeping with it when I got married) that I loved rubbing between my fingers. I still love the feeling, and keep chiffon ribbons all over my house to rub.

5~ I love my entire family! My husband, kids, parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and beyond! I have such a firm testimony of family, genealogy, and personal & family history!

6~ I have been teaching myself to play the piano.

7~ Seth and I have been taking sign language for 2 years. It is our time together. We love it! I have been able to serve as an interpreter for a deaf woman in our ward, and I'm loving it! However, I must say that this sister generally teaches me more than I translate for her. I'm not fluent, but I'm trying.

I am tagging: Anna, Becky, Debbie, Jenn, Kacey, Marleen, Michelle, and Nikki

No comments: