Thursday, January 22, 2009

Redge R. Hudson, S.E.

If you're one of my friends who is tired of Reading about Redge, well then this post is definitely not for you. Yep, I'm bragging about my husband again. Today we (Do you like the way I use "we" instead of the more accurate word "Redge"?)received Redge's S.E. stamp! Don't worry, if you don't know what that is I'm going to tell you right now. As most of you know, Redge is a structural engineer. "What is that?" you ask? It's the guy that makes it so buildings don't fall down. An architect draws a building, and Redge makes it work. I know, I couldn't do it either, but I'm a P.E. major what can I do? Redge graduated from UNLV with a degree in Civil Engineering because they didn't have a Structural Engineering program, and Redge's selfish wife said, "I don't care if Utah State has a great engineering program. I'm done here so we're moving home, and that by the way, means Vegas. Welcome to the Edwards Family!" So, Redge graduated in Civil, never wanting to be a civil engineer, but as aforementioned in previous blogs, Redge digs me, and does pretty much whatever he can to make my life as great as he possibly can manage. I digress... Just because someone decides to major in engineering, and even graduates with an engineering degree that person isn't just automatically an engineer. Oh, no, no, no. It doesn't work that way. Once the degree is earned the graduate must work under a Professional Engineer for 3-5 years, depending on the individual's state's licensure policies, before becoming applicable for even testing for Professional Engineer status. The Professional Engineer test is similar to the Bar for Attorneys. Redge passed the P.E. in 2002. This was very exciting for our family because Redge was finally an Engineer! In order for homes to be built the structural engineer has to actually stamp the plans, and sign through the stamp to ensure the building is structurally sound. (Yes, kind of like a "Super Star" stamp in kindergarten. You don't know you're a "Super Star" until the teacher actually stamps your paper.) So, in Structural Engineering in order to stamp projects over 3 stories high an engineer must have the P.S.E. stamp, the Professional Structural Engineer stamp. We received Redge's P.S.E. stamp today!

When Redge received his P.E. stamp he wrote me a really sweet letter thanking me for supporting him through school, and at the bottom of the letter he stamped it. It was the first time he used his P.E. stamp. So, today when the S.E. stamp arrived, once again, Redge used his stamp for the first time for me. I scanned it in, and have posted it here so you can all see it.

6 comments:

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Good job, Redge like Hedge, not Reg like Keg!!! And good job Lyndee for the support. You guys are great!

Lisa Mc said...

Redge is so wonderful!!! I am so proud of him! I know what a busy schedule he has, I can't believe he managed to sqeeze more schooling into his schedule. Your a very supportive wife! I love you guys!

susan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

supermanns said...

I love that redge yeah for him and you I guess

Kathy's Boys said...

I always loved seeing the way he treats you! You are blessed. (But then so is he!) How are you anyways? It's been so long. I loved your Christmas Card. Call me next time you come to Vegas.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the ideas. I like your blog. I also have information about VP Spaces Grandeur, Alwar Bypass Road, Bhiwadi. Find More information of this Project like Prices, Floor Plans, reviews on Favista.com.VP Spaces Grandeur Bhiwadi