Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my dad's 72nd Birthday. He's spending the day in the hospital... again. He's actually in a care center receiving IV treatments for osteomyelitis. He's in the same care center where his mom died almost 2 years ago. I have to say, the first time I visisted my dad there I was really scared. I looked around at the old people. I watched them. I know the majority of the people in this facility have come there to die. My own Grandma went there to die. She suffered from dimentia. I am not ready for my dad to go anywhere to die. My heart pounds right now as I think what it was like taking the elevator to the floor to see my dad. The same elevator that took me to the same floor where I visited my Grandma. The same floor where my Little Granny passed away. Little Granny had a great life, and was 94 when she passed away. My dad has had a great life, but I'm not ready to lose him. But, because it's his birthday I do want to celebrate his life, and want all my friends and family who didn't know my dad in his prime, or have forgotten the way he was I'm posting some pics here to share my dad with you. So... Happy Birthday, Dad! I really, really love you!







2 comments:

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Lyndee it is so obvious how MUCH you love your dad! I have always known how close you too are. I hope he has a great birthday and I ♥♥♥ the pic of you two in (I am assuming) Hawaii!!!

susan said...

Wow! GREAT pictures! Happy birthday to your Dad.