Monday, March 17, 2008

Stake Conference

This past weekend was stake conference. It was fabulous! Spending a week in Vegas with my family, and then hearing my stake leaders speak were just the things I needed to hear to assure me that, "All is well." I am constantly freaking out about whether or not I am doing everything I can, should, need to do for my husband, kids, friends, parents, siblings, callings, etc. No matter what I am doing at any given time I am never comfortable in my own choices. Every single minute of every single day I am completely freaking out that I am not doing the right thing at the right time, and whatever I am doing is never good enough. Luckily for me, my husband is always reassuring me that I am just fine, and my decisions are perfect. I was very blessed while I was in Vegas by my parents and siblings repeating over and over that I am worthwhile, needed, and perfectly acceptable just as I am. Stake Conference did the same thing for me. I learned that the things I am doing are the correct things for my family and me, and I all I need to do is, "Carry On." What a relief! I'm so exhausted from the years of stress, I think I'll get a sleeve of Thin Mint cookies, and go lay down for a while. God bless the Girl Scouts!

1 comment:

The White Clan said...

Lyndee, this is going to be the mushiest comment. But I just wanted to tell you that you are fantastic. You made a serious impression on me. I am so thankful for you and all you did for me. You let me know that I was worth it when all of the other leaders did not.(I will not mention names) So thank you for all you did for me and helping make me part of who I am today. You showed me that leaders can be a friend and a leader, and I have had young women who will probably thank you for that. You are fantastic!!!!